Wednesday, September 21, 2011

West Coast Love ~ Part One ~




Last weekend, I hopped on a plane for a quick visit to my favorite City by the Bay.  No matter how many times I've been there (this was my 5th time), my love for this gorgeous city never wanes.  I'm afforded the added bonus that one of my favorite people just so happens to live there, so I get to visit my favorite West Coast city and my favorite West Coast person!  I'm definitely a lucky girl.

On this trip, my dear friend A and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and take a Go-Car tour of the City.  


How awesome is this little Go Car?  The kid who we rented the car from was amusing.  Within 10 minutes of us walking in to rent the car, he told us how he was so excited because he just got his first credit card (which he had to lie to the bank about his salary to get) and then he proceeded to tell us how he wanted to take a ridiculous cash advance out and then flee the country...sigh...

Anyhow, we hopped in our little GPS guided tour car and set out, A in the driver seat, me passenger-side with camera at the ready.  We drove alongside other normal sized cars, trolleys and cable cars and every street corner or so, had our picture snapped by some intrigued tourists.  A is a native SF-er so she knew her way around pretty well without the GPS, but our 'tour guide' on the system provided some nice commentary.  We hit up the typical tourists spots, Golden Gate Bridge and Park, Fisherman's Wharf, plus we drove by some places I had never been to before like the Painted Ladies (aka Full House house) and drove down Lombard Street.




After our Go Car tour, we hit up Buena Vista Cafe for an Irish Coffee (or two!) to warm up.  Let me tell you, those things are GOOD!  Then, one of the highlights of my trip, we headed down to Fort Mason and hit up Off the Grid, a weekly food truck festival.  A knew this would be right up my alley, and boy was she right!  Have I mentioned that she's one of my favorite people?


When we got down to the trucks, I could barely contain my excitement.  The sights! The smells!  Every person that passed by me with some delectable looking treat was met with my gaze of admiration.  If I let my inner fat child do as she pleased, I would have gotten something from every food truck, however, sadly we only got to hit up three trucks before our bellies were happily, deliriously full.  Now had I been a good food blogger I would have taken pictures of what we ate, but once we got our food, I had only one thought...Git in Mah Bellah! 

Chilly, tired, and bellies full, we walked back from the Marina to A's apartment and called it a night to make sure we were rested up for the next day for our trip up to wine country....

4 comments:

jeweliette23 said...

Hi Cindie! I forgot that you switched over to another blog, so now I'm subscribed to this one. I looooooove SF, where's Part 2? =D

Fashionable Memories said...

I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Maybe we can follow each other? Thank you so much in advance!!!

Michelle's Style File said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Fashionable Memories said...

I would love to visit the west coast one day!!! I'm so glad to have found your blog. I really enjoy flipping through your blog posts. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean a lot to me. Thank you so much in advance. I look forward to reading more of your future blog posts and hope to hear from you soon!!! Have a great day!!!

Post a Comment

 

Oh! For the Love All rights reserved © 2010

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley

HowJoyful Design